Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrift store craft supplies

Hi everyone!

Sometimes people buy craft supplies because they get a good deal but then never use those supplies.  I try really hard not to do that.

This is my latest Goodwill craft haul:

002
The bag of flowers was $2.99.  There are three sizes of flowers.  Some have leaves attached but most do not.  I like the color but I decided to try my hand at changing the color of one of them.  I made a homemade version of glimmer mist.  There are several recipes for homemade glimmer mist on You Tube.  The ribbons was $0.99.  I have gotten ribbon cheaper at Goodwill but I really like this pattern so I decided to buy it.  It is a brand new roll of wired ribbon that originally sold for $4.99 at Kmart. The last thing is a brand new package of replacement pants pockets.  I don't know the original price but the package label looks pretty old.  I paid $0.99.  My husband is always complaining that his pants pockets have ripped out.  It can't hurt to give these a try.

004
I found lots of videos on You Tube about making ribbon and fabric flowers.  I made this flower and hot glued the beads to the center.

005
This is the before and after of the flower I "painted" with my homemade glimmer mist.  I used a heat gun to dry it.  The flower melted and curled up a little.  I like how it turned out.  It looks really nice with the G45 steampunk debutante paper.

Some of the flowers will be used in RAKs and at least one swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment