Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crafts and books

Hi everyone!

As you may know, I like to go to Goodwill.  I don't shop much beyond Walmart and Goodwill.  I barely ever leave the town in which I live.  Sometimes it feel like I never leave my house!  Anyway, I got to go shopping today!

We got a flyer in the mail a couple of days ago from the Salvation Army.  I have never been to a Salvation Army store before.  So, my Aunt Sandy and I decided to go.  Everything marked with a certain color after 5:00 pm on Saturday is $0.49.  We didn't find anything we wanted with yellow tags but we did find some other good stuff.  One thing that you crafters might be interested in were a couple of Cricut machines!  They were $100.  They had three tables of merchandise that looked to be from other stores but with damaged boxes etc.  The Cricut Expressions boxes were slightly damaged but other than that they looked great.  I didn't have $100 to spend unfortunately.  Too bad those didn't have yellow stickers! :)

We also went to Michael's and Big Lots.  I haven't been to Big Lots since I was in High School. So, it's been at least 15 years.  They had great deals on several things.  I haven't been to Michaels in 3 or 4 months.  Alot of their $1 items were 1/2 off.

So this is what I bought in all three stores:

crafts books

Salvation Army:
Set of three nesting boxes - $1.00

Michael's
Two boxes for altering - $0.50 each
Six sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper - $0.14 each
Flower Rhinestones - $0.50

Big Lots
Books:
China Obscura (2004) $0.25
The Legacy Guide (Capturing the Facts, Memories and Meaning of Your Life) (2006) - $0.25
Dan Eldon, The Art of Life (2001) - $0.25
Vagina Warriors (2005) - $0.25

I know, I'm a big spender.  I need to hold back a little! LOL.

The China Obscura book might be good for taking apart.  The pictures would be nice on an altered box.  I think I might feel bad ripping the pages out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment