Sunday, March 27, 2011

Folder mini

My last post was about my file cabinet and folders that I bought at Goodwill.  I made a mini out of some of the folders.  My hubby found a flower behind one of the drawers.  So, I colored it with alcohol ink and some homemade glimmer mist. 

I used:

4 printed folder
1 plain folder
Some ribbon for the closure
Lace for the back of the flower
Flower found behind one of the drawers

The book has eight pages and three pockets.  I just made it tonight.  It is not decorated yet but I'm really happy with it so far.



The first two printed folders are glued back to back.  I used hot glue on the bottom and two sides in order form my first pocket.  The front of the next folder was glued to the front of the previous folder.  I punched a half circle on the top of the folder fronts to make it easy to pull things in and out of the pocket.  The back of the last folder  was glued to the back of the previous folder.  Again, only three sides were hot glued to form the last pocket.

I used one place folder to form the binding of the book.  I cut off the bottom of the folder and added a few score lines to match the score lines that were already on the folder.  The green ribbon was hot glued on first and then I glued the spin on over that.

I think the book will look really nice decorated with vintage inspired papers.  The G45 steampunk debutante and some other papers that I have be great.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up in the next couple of days.  I have several other projects in the works and a busy week ahead.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love to read your blog so hope you will accept the following:

    You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by Hazel at See here for details: