Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flowers and You Tube videos

Hi everyone!

I watch lots of you tube videos.  When I want to learn something new or get ideas for a specific project I often check You Tube.

These are some videos that I have used recently:

Making your own Prima flowers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjOEVtzGUiA

How to make lollipop flowers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoPDTIJw6E
I used a lollipop flower on my crocheted mini album.

How to make your own glimmer mist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzstTZtGFNM
I watched several glimmer mist videos including this one.  They all gave me ideas about how I wanted to make mine.

So, if you have read any of my recent posts you have probably noticed that I bought a huge spool of lace recently.  I also mentioned making glimmer mist.

005
This is the lace, fabric, and two colors of homemade glimmer mist that I used for these flowers.  I also used the first You Tube video that I listed above to learn how to make these flowers.  Yes, the fabric really is this bright.

008
These are the completed flowers.  They look great with the Steampunk Debutante paper by Graphic 45.  I know I'm a little obsessed with that paper collection right now.  It's the only G45 product that I currently own.  It's going a long way.  I've used it on several projects and have ideas for more!

So, the cost of this project:
Fabric: Free
Lace: $0.03  ($3.50 for probably 50 yards.  I used less that 24 inches for these two flowers.)
Homemade Glimmer mist: $0 (I have had the paint for years and have used it on lots of projects)
Button: Free
Bling: Less that $0.10

Grand total: $0.13 for two flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment