Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crochet bound mini album

Hi!

As you know I've been making crochet boxes with thrifted greeting cards.  I even made a little purse.  Well, I decided to combine my love of scrapbooking and crochet.  This is what I made:

All of the paper is from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection (the only collection I own because it's expensive!).

I cut the paper to the sizes I need for pages and pockets.  Then I punched holes and single crocheted all around all of the pieces.  Then I crocheted all of the pages together on the left side to form the binding.

001
The charm hanging on the side came from my husband's workshop.  He had a bucket of old hardware.  I picked out the most interesting pieces.  I super glued the black beads to it and then hung it from the book with a piece of chain.  You might recognize the chain from one of my recent haul posts.

003

005

006
The silver thing sticking out next to the roses is a broken sewing needle threader.

007
These pocket pages are not done yet.  Neither is the next set of pages so I won't even show those.
I'm a little stuck on this project.  I will finish it though.

The crochet on this is not difficult but it is time consuming.  If you decide to do a project like this, think about the strength of the paper you are using.  You might need to double it up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really beautiful. I've been eyeing up the Steampunk Debutante for some time and I think I might just cave! I love the crochet idea, too. Really enhances the already very charming vintage type look of the Graphic 45 paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really happy with it.

    ReplyDelete