Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspiration

I have mentioned before that I get a lot of inspiration from You Tube.  Well, two channels that have really inspired me recently are ThePaperCastle and RachO113.

Today while I had a few minutes to play I decided to get my stamp pads and paint out to see what I could come up with.  First, I took several stamp pads directly to a piece of wax paper.  I sprinkled some water on the ink and then pressed some paper into the watery ink.  Then I sprayed some of my homemade glimmer mist on the wax paper and added a few drops from a re-inker bottle that I've had for probably eight years.

This is what I made:
001
I rubbed the green ink on the bottom piece of paper after I dried the brown with my heat gun.

003
After I pressed this into the ink and water I crumpled it up, dried it and then rubbed brown and green ink pads over the ridges.

004
These look so much better in person.  The copper color really shimmers.  I matted the piece on the bottom with black cardstock.

006
 Front

007
Back

As I was experimenting I just kept grabbing paper out of my scrap drawer.  One of the pieces happened to be scored and ready to be made into a card.  So, I inked it up and made this card.  First I inked the wax paper with pink and brown ink, splashed water on the ink, and pressed the paper into the ink.  Then I took the small brown stamp pad I was using directly to the paper to make the square shapes all over the back and parts of the front.  For the sentiment on the front I inked up a stamp and masked off the unwanted parts of the stamp so that only the "Thinking of You" was exposed.  I stamped it with embossing ink.  While the clear embossing powder was still hot I poured some pink glitter on top.

I've had the paper, ink, stamps etc for years.  I just recently bought the pink ribbon at Goodwill.

The stamp pads I used are mostly Stampin' Up pads that I bought at least 5 but not more than 8 or 9 years ago.

I started scrapbooking in 1999 using Creative Memories products.  There are over 45 completed scrapbooks in my craft room.  Most of those are 12x12 books.  That doesn't include the books that I have put together for gifts.  I'm almost three years behind now though!  Crochet, sewing, and lots of other crafts have taken over my brain!  I will get caught up eventually though....I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment