Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cheap crafting

Crafting can get expensive.  So, I try to find as many ways as possible to save money.  Here are a couple of ways I have found recently.

I've been playing around with making homemade glimmer mist.  I watched several You Tube videos about it.  So, I made a green and copper colored one but I didn't have any spray bottles.  My Aunt went through her cupboards and found a bunch of things she didn't want including two bottles of body spray.  I don't use body spray or any other perfume because it gives me headaches.  So, I took the bottles and tossed the perfume.

I made two colors of homemade semi-sparkly paint today.

homemade glimmer mist

I sprayed some scrap paper, lace, and flowers with both colors.  I think they turned out nice. I could have made half as much as I did but oh well.  I'll have plenty for experimenting.  The flowers were white.

My husband and I were married on May 20, 2000.  I saved my bouquet.  It was displayed in our living room for a long time but it has been in our closet for the last several years.  My husband doesn't love the idea, but I have decided to take it apart and use the flowers and pearl strands for different projects.  It's just taking up space in the closet.  What am I going to do with the thing if I don't craft with it?  It's falling apart anyway.

So, here it is with only a couple of flowers missing so far.

bouqet

1 comment:

  1. When I got married, I was given the option of having my bouquet framed. They dry the flowers and then mount them in a sort of shadow box frame. I wonder if you could still do that with yours - if you wanted to. I didn't take it up. I threw my bouquet and my best friend caught it and was married a year later so it seems it worked! ;-)

    ReplyDelete