Saturday, April 30, 2011

Great day!

My family and I had a fabulous day today.  We went to the Vermontville Syrup Festival.

The festival has been a family event for me as far back as I can remember. http://www.vermontvillemaplesyrupfestival.org/

It's a great festival.  We went to the pancake breakfast, listened to a bagpipe band, watched my cousin sing with her choir etc. 

After the festival we went to my in-law's for dinner.  On the way there we stopped at a yard sale.  Check out my finds!

046
I love this thing!  I was looking at it for a minute but it was partially covered by a box.  The man saw me looking and said "How is $1 for that?"  I said "Okay!".  He chuckled and said, "I could have gotten $2, huh?"  I said "Yup, probably, but $2 it is!"  He was a very friendly man.

It is clearly handmade with hand stitching all around all of the crock images.  Each one is 3D with batting stuffed and had sewn shut on the back.  Love it!

045
Craft people!  Check this out.  I got this box for $1. It had all of this stuff in it.  Five office stamps, two bottles of gloss enamel paint, stencil correction fluid, stiff brush, stylus, and instructions.  Obviously the enamel and correction fluid is probably not any good and will have to be disposed of correctly.  But isn't this a fantastic find!!  The newest date on the date stamp is 1957.  One of the stamps was from a congregation of Jehovah's witnesses.  I'll probably alter is to use it as a distressing tool.

040
I like it.  It's a tin with a "S" on top.  That is our last initial.  So, I bought it for $2.

038
The two plastic frames were $0.05 each
1930's Juliet DeLuxe clock $3
Bag of beads $0.25
Boxes for altering $0.25 each.
Change purse $0.10
My sister in law and her husband don't want me to alter the one with the picture on the front.  I might not.  It came with the music box inside but it doesn't go to that box.  It plays raindrops are falling on my head.

042
Everything in this picture was in the free box. 

The altoid tin was full of little animals, dolls etc.
vintage trim
random key chains
length of ball chain
red envelopes
embroidery floss.  It's in great shape.  I don't need anymore but I thought I might sell or give it to someone.
1946 & 1947 day planners.  There is no writing inside.  They are in great condition.

Let me know what you think of my finds. 

In the next day or two I'll have some craft project pics to post also.  I have two projects almost done (not with this stuff).

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment