Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crochet thread spool project

Hi everyone!

I worked on this project last night and this morning.  There are still a few things I want to do to it but I don't have the things I need.  I'll keep an eye out for some things and post more picture if/when I change it.

crochet thread spool project2

crochet thread spool project

I have been given a lot of crochet thread.  I have also bought alot at Goodwill.  So, I decided that I wanted to use some of the rolls/spools that didn't have much thread left on.  But I wanted to use the spools in a different way.  This is what I came up with.  It will hang off the wall or from the ceiling.

I painted some of the spools and then covered them with a copy of an old crochet pattern.  The black spool has steel crochet hooks sticking out of it.  A picture of my Great Grandma Smith is peeking out of one of the spools.  I would like to add a small doll sitting in the larger empty roll.

The hanger is an old knob with a ball change threaded through it.
What do you think?  I am really happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment