Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pin cushion and napkin art

Hi everyone,

004
This little rocking chair came in a back of wood cutouts at Goodwill.  I paid $2.99 for the bag.  I painted the chair with watered down brown paint and wiped off the excess.  Then I sewed the little cushion and glued it on.  I cut strips of paper to go around the edges of the seat and back and put a ribbon bow around the back of the chair.  The girl is from some scrapbook paper.  The clock is a button with a shank on the back.  The flowers are glued into the shank.

006
I bought two packs of tissues at a garage sale over the weekend.  They are Sniff brand.  The pencil holder came together with a post-it note holder and a paper clip holder for $0.59 at Goodwill.  I painted two sides of the pencil holder with white gesso then I decoupaged the napkins over the gesso.  There was a white border around the napkin image so I pieced other bits of napkin around the edge.  I painted black on the remaining white areas and wiped off the excess.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  The other side looks better because the printing of this part of the napkin was a little off.  I'm too lazy to take more pics, upload them etc. :)

I'm really happy with both of these projects.  I hope you like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment