Sunday, May 29, 2011

Best gift ever! and Goodwill haul

dad's chest of drawers

This might not look like much to you but it is so important to me!  My Dad made this when he was a young kid.  He was born in 1953 so he probably made this around 1963.  When I was a kid it was in my bedroom.  Over the years Dad has taken it with him each time he moved.  Somewhere in those moves one of the drawers was lost.  I told him that if he ever decided to get rid of it to give it to me.  So he did!  It makes me so happy.  I washed it and oiled it.  I will not paint or alter it but I will use it.  The top and bottom shelf will be good places for pictures frames etc.  I think I might keep some craft supplies in the drawer.

Dad made this out of old barn wood, nails, and glass knobs that they had around the house.

goodwill finds
This is my haul:

Small antique inspired boxes (dated 1980) $0.79 each
Basket: Free from my Mom along with a neat looking pin.  She knew I would use it in something
Small chest with three drawers: $0.99
Candle holder: $0.59
Glass Koeze's jar: $0.79

I'm using one of the small boxes for glue storage.  I just put a piece of cereal box in the bottom to catch any drips.  I've been thinking of making up gift baskets to sell and giveaway to friends etc.  The basket might be used for that.  The jar will probably end up with flower making supplies etc in it.  The candle holder is going to be a pin cushion.

I've had a couple of ideas for the three drawer chest.  I think it might end up holding tea in the kitchen.  I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment