Thursday, May 19, 2011

Altered mini mister caddy

I bought this at a yard sale recently.  I altered it this morning.

007

005

I mixed a couple of shades of blue paint.  There wasn't much left of either of them.  I painted the whole thing blue.  While it was still a little when I went over it with white paint.  If I had crackle medium I would have used a crackle finish on it.  I plan on getting some this weekend.  I really like the way this turned out without it though.

Then I glued the lace trim around the box.  The flowers all came from a bouquet that I bought at Goodwill.  I took several of them off and colored them with Perfect Pearl and Forever Blue Perfect Pearls.  Then I glued those onto the box with button centers.

I'm really happy with this project.

038
This is what is looked like before (bottom right).

No comments:

Post a Comment