Sunday, May 22, 2011

Altered tin and box

Hi everyone,

I try to do some sort of crafting every day.  These are my latest projects.

003
This is an Altoids tin that I got at a garage sale for free.  It was full of little plastic animals etc. I painted the bottom of it and covered the top with a piece of wrapping paper.  I covered the wrapping paper with glossy accents.  The chain around the edge came from a Goodwill necklace and the button came from the tin or box of buttons I recently bought.

005

006

This box came from Goodwill.  It was green with two birds and a Christmas wreath on the top.  I took the birds and wreath off and painted the box with gesso and then with black acrylic paint.  Last weekend I bought a children's book at a yard sale for $0.10.  I made copies of several pages and cut out some of the images.  I  decoupaged those images around the box.  Once that was dry I painted over everything with beige paint and rubbed off most of it to make the box look a little old.  Then I used the handle end of a paint brush to make the red dots.  The little rocking chair on the top came from the altoids tin.  It was bright green.  I painted it and used E6000 to glue it to the box.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment