Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ATCs

I am hosting an ATC swap on Ravelry (Playshop group).  I've really had trouble getting inspired to do these cards.  Finally, I've gotten some done.

001
I painted watercolor paper with different color watercolor paints and cut a bunch of ATCs out of it. 

Left: The paper is covered with a piece of a lace curtain then I cut a bird out of some scrapbook paper and framed it with a shell jewelry finding.  The flowers are a pair of broken earrings.  One stone was missing from one of the earrings so I broke the petal off and fit the two flowers together where the petal is missing.  I like it.

Middle: I bought some winding stems for watch making.  I colored some of them with alcohol inks and glued them onto this card. I filled the square in with glossy accents.

Right: Wide trim in the middle and narrow trim on both sides.  I glued some beads of the trim on the edges.

The flower earrings and beads came from boxes that I bought from Alex, MrsMcCabeScraps on You Tube.  She has an Ebay store.  I got lots of awesome goodies from her!

002

Left: I cut the cards out of some folder I bought from Goodwill.  Then I glued a rectangle of old sand paper to the card.  The lady is from G45 Steampunk Debutante.  The burlap came in a box I bought from Alex.  The button came from my stash.

Middle: Brown card stock with some printed paper glued over top.  I printed a collage sheet that I found online and cut out a bunch of images from it.  Then I inked around the image.  I glued snap parts on  and just bent the clip thing on the edge.  The trim I bought at Goodwill several months ago.

Right: brown paper, patterned paper, burlap I bought from Alex, and an image from the collage sheet I mentioned before.

003

Left: I glued winding stems over the hair and gears of the steam punk lady.  I love how this turned out!

Middle: More winding stems glued with glossy accents over the wings.

Right: I took parts of a pair of broken earrings (from Alex again) to make the necklace for this dress form. 


004

Left: I took a piece of one of my file folders and scraped gesso around on it.  Then I inked over the gesso once it was dry.  After that I glued the bottom of the flower to the paper and glued the top part of the flower with the button on a transparency.  I alcohol inked the back of the transparency.  Finally, I used my new Big Bite to attach the eyelets.

Middle:  Brown paper, gesso, ink, and sewing pattern paper make the background.  The clocks and lady are from the collage sheet I mentioned before.  The crown on the lady is a hoop earring with some missing stones.  I just cut the post off.  I really like the way this turned out.

Right:  File folder, gesso, blue, and brown ink for the background.  The blue fabric that says original is a tag from a pair of jeans my Mom bought.  She gave me the tags. I cut the word fit off the end and glued the tag to this card.  Then I glued snap parts, a button, and a zipper pull around the card.

005

Left: Brown paper, burlap, and black trim are in the background.  There was a huge roll of this burlap in my second package from Alex.  The feather came from her too.

Right: The feather is just part of the feather I used for the one on the left.  I only used one feather between the two cards.

I hope you like my cards.  I've been trying to make videos but I am having trouble.  Hopefully I can have them up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment