I am hosting an ATC swap on Ravelry (Playshop group). I've really had trouble getting inspired to do these cards. Finally, I've gotten some done.
I painted watercolor paper with different color watercolor paints and cut a bunch of ATCs out of it.
Left: The paper is covered with a piece of a lace curtain then I cut a bird out of some scrapbook paper and framed it with a shell jewelry finding. The flowers are a pair of broken earrings. One stone was missing from one of the earrings so I broke the petal off and fit the two flowers together where the petal is missing. I like it.
Middle: I bought some winding stems for watch making. I colored some of them with alcohol inks and glued them onto this card. I filled the square in with glossy accents.
Right: Wide trim in the middle and narrow trim on both sides. I glued some beads of the trim on the edges.
The flower earrings and beads came from boxes that I bought from Alex, MrsMcCabeScraps on You Tube. She has an Ebay store. I got lots of awesome goodies from her!
Left: I cut the cards out of some folder I bought from Goodwill. Then I glued a rectangle of old sand paper to the card. The lady is from G45 Steampunk Debutante. The burlap came in a box I bought from Alex. The button came from my stash.
Middle: Brown card stock with some printed paper glued over top. I printed a collage sheet that I found online and cut out a bunch of images from it. Then I inked around the image. I glued snap parts on and just bent the clip thing on the edge. The trim I bought at Goodwill several months ago.
Right: brown paper, patterned paper, burlap I bought from Alex, and an image from the collage sheet I mentioned before.
Left: I glued winding stems over the hair and gears of the steam punk lady. I love how this turned out!
Middle: More winding stems glued with glossy accents over the wings.
Right: I took parts of a pair of broken earrings (from Alex again) to make the necklace for this dress form.
Left: I took a piece of one of my file folders and scraped gesso around on it. Then I inked over the gesso once it was dry. After that I glued the bottom of the flower to the paper and glued the top part of the flower with the button on a transparency. I alcohol inked the back of the transparency. Finally, I used my new Big Bite to attach the eyelets.
Middle: Brown paper, gesso, ink, and sewing pattern paper make the background. The clocks and lady are from the collage sheet I mentioned before. The crown on the lady is a hoop earring with some missing stones. I just cut the post off. I really like the way this turned out.
Right: File folder, gesso, blue, and brown ink for the background. The blue fabric that says original is a tag from a pair of jeans my Mom bought. She gave me the tags. I cut the word fit off the end and glued the tag to this card. Then I glued snap parts, a button, and a zipper pull around the card.
Left: Brown paper, burlap, and black trim are in the background. There was a huge roll of this burlap in my second package from Alex. The feather came from her too.
Right: The feather is just part of the feather I used for the one on the left. I only used one feather between the two cards.
I hope you like my cards. I've been trying to make videos but I am having trouble. Hopefully I can have them up soon.