Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow!

I have lived in Michigan my entire life.  Wouldn't you think I would be ok with snow and cold weather?  I'm not.  I hate it.  These words have come out of my mouth many times "I'm going to move to a warmer climate!  But then I'd probably have to deal with hurricanes, earth quakes, scary animals etc.  I guess I'll just stay here"

There are some good things about the snow.  Our family likes to go sledding.  We do that as often as we can.  The snow sure is pretty.  So, I try to enjoy that.

We had lots of snowing and blowing in the last day or two.  Lots of business and every school in the area was closed yesterday.  Lots of schools are closed today too.  My husband's work closed down yesterday and sent everyone home early on Tuesday night.

So, here are some pics of my back yard. (We're bad about not getting everything picked up before the snow flies). 

013

018
This is the back door to the garage.  The snow drifted up against the back of the house.

My son and husband shoveled the driveway for a long time.  I was inside cleaning etc.  They needed a break and our son wanted to take a walk.  So, while they walked I shoveled.  I shoveled for maybe five minutes.  Our neighbor came over with his snow blower!!  How nice is that!?  I shoveled some areas he couldn't get to very easily and shoveled a path for our dog in the back yard.  Poor doggy couldn't even get off the back porch.  Now he can.  Then I made brownies.  We some brownies over to the neighbor to say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment