Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book haul

Hello.

I went shopping with my Aunt Sandy today.  We went to an indoor flea market, antique mall, Walmart, and Goodwill.  She saw an ad in the paper for an estate sale.  When we got there it was a run down and scary looking house.  The way in was under a black tarp leading into the garage.  All we could see was a light bulb behind the tarp.  Scary!  We did not go in. 

The flea market wasn't that great.  They had a few neat things but nothing that I really wanted.  I love the antique mall we went to.  I've been there several times before.  They have tons of great stuff.  They have pretty good prices too.  One seller had a vintage sun bonnet sue quilt, originally $65, on sale for 50% off!  I was really tempted.  I didn't get it though.

At Goodwill I bought books for myself and my son.  This is what I got:

Humor Me, I'm Your Mother! by Barbara Johnson 2006
Never Kiss an Alligator! by Colleen Stanley Bare 1989
That naughty rabbit, Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit by Judy Taylor 1987
Explore A Spooky Swamp (Books for Young Explorers - National Geographic) 1978
On My Way with Sesame Street (#1, 2, 3, 8, 12, & 14) 1989
I spent a grand total of $3.15!

I had a great day with my Aunt and cousin.  We had lots of fun!

Getting great deals is always tons of fun! What deals have you gotten lately?

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Love your blog - I will be subscribing for sure. What Antique Mall did you go to? I haven't done that in a long time and I miss it.....maybe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Antique Mall in Lake Odessa. It's big and has lots of great stuff!

    ReplyDelete