Monday, February 21, 2011

Kitchen decor

My kitchen has needed a little decorating for a while.  I painted early last year but we have been needing new curtains etc.  Like a lot of people, we don't have tons of money to spend on decorating.  So, I try to make as many things as I can and buy thrift store and clearance items as much as possible.  Here are a few things that I have found or made to spruce up my kitchen (not including my fabulous mushroom, see my last post).

029
I canned two quarts of silverware!!  We were getting low on silverware.  One of my Aunts had a box of silverware that she didn't need.  She gave it all to me but we don't need this much silverware in our drawer.  I decided that I wanted to store it in a decorative way rather that having it take up space in a cupboard.  I think the silverware looks nice in this jar and on my shelf!

030
My Mom made floral curtains several years ago for her living room.  She changed her decor and gave the curtains to me.  I had the curtains in my stash for a long time.  The curtains in our kitchen were stained and looked really bad.  Our son used to twist them around and hid in them.  So, I cut the tops off of our curtains and off of the set Mom gave me.  Then I sewed our tops to the floral curtain bottoms.  Easy peasy curtains!  I think they look really nice.

027
M&M dispenser - My husband made it
Candle holder - I glued two dollar store candle holders together with Gorilla glue
Triple scroll saw picture frame - My husband made it. He makes lots of beautiful scroll saw/fretwork projects
Coaster set - I bought this set at a yard sale last summer.  I think it cost $1
Brown/amber glass dish - Bought at Goodwill for $1 or $2
Table runner with tatted trim - Given to my by my fabulous Aunt Michele!

025
$2 set of beautiful dishes from Goodwill.  They are in perfect condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment